Volume 12, Issue 2 (9-2021)                   2021, 12(2): 49-62 | Back to browse issues page


XML Persian Abstract Print


Department of Horticultural Science, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Science, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil, Iran
Abstract:   (1370 Views)
To investigate the effect of biofertilizers application on cherry tomato, a factorial experiment based on a completely randomized design with four replications was carried out under greenhouse conditions. Experimental factors included different concentrations (0, 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5%) of Probiotic biofertilizers (containing Thiobacillus bacteria) and Biofarm (containing Azotobacter and Azosperillium bacteria), and two cherry tomato cultivars (Meeing and Jean ho). Results indicated that combined treatments of Biofarm at both 0.5 or 1% concentrations with Probiotic at 1.5% concentration, caused the highest yield in Meeing cultivar. The highest chlorophyll a and total chlorophyll were observed in Ming cultivar treated with 0.5% of Biofarm. The highest total antioxidant capacity was observed in Ming cultivar by using 1% concentration of Biofarm while the lowest amount was obtained in the application of 1.5% concentration of Probiotic fertilizer in Huang Jinju cultivar. The highest concentrations of lycopene and vitamin C were measured in the plants treated with 1.5% of Probiotic biofertilizer. The highest phenol content of fruits was produced by using 1.5% of Biofarm and 1% Probiotic biofertilizer. In this experiment, Ming cultivar was superior to Huang Jinju for most of the measured traits, especially growth and physiological characteristics. Increasing the concentration of fertilizers, especially Biofarm, the measured quantitative and qualitative traits of cherry tomatoes were improved significantly. Therefore, these biofertilizers could serve as suitable alternatives for chemical fertilizers in cherry tomato production.
Full-Text [PDF 562 kb]   (852 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: Plant growth promoting microrganisms in the rhizosphere
Received: 2021/01/28 | Accepted: 2021/09/1 | Published: 2021/09/1

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Send email to the article author


Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.